DUMBO is a design studio based in Cologne, Germany, passionate about building digital products and services that users love. Even though we are a small team, our clients are big brands, global companies and industry leaders. Our work is put into interfaces that are used by millions every single day to get their jobs done. We love what we do and are excited about instilling positive change to the product design industry.
We work on complex challenges - which is why we need you.
We need someone to join our interdisciplinary design team. Our design solutions turn complex problems into effective and efficient interactions that shape how people progress with digital products. To do this, our designers think conceptually and visually, as well as acting holistically in the interest of usability.
What you'll do:
- All we care about is that you stay 100 percent focused on designing digital products and services that help people make progress.
- Iteratively develop initial concepts, information architectures, design languages including design systems and prototypes with the team.
- From concept to delivery, attention to detail and concern for design execution is essential.
What you bring:
- Willingness to work in-person at our Cologne office.
- A desire to actively participate in all aspects of digital product design, including user experience design, user interface design and user research.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- You can clearly communicate your design ideas to the rest of the team and our clients, and you strive to create the most effective and efficient user interactions.
- A portfolio demonstrating your design approach and attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of common design and prototyping tools such as Figma.
- Passion for good design, determination, and a never-ending pursuit of new skills and personal development.
What you get:
- Flexible working hours. We value personal cooperation. However, each person’s needs and circumstances are unique. As a result, working hours are as flexible as possible.
- 30+ days of vacation. With us, everyone gets the same amount of time to rest. And we go one step further: at the end of the year, we close the company for a week.
- CO2 neutral. We compensate the work of every single person. Starting with the commute to work. Plus green energy for our equipment and servers and bikes for our team.
- Off Site. We regularly go on field trips with the entire team. In 2023, we were on the South by Southwest in Austin, Texas. One of the largest and most important gatherings for digital creatives.
- Sushi Friday. We value having lunch together. Sushi Friday is almost as old as DUMBO. To celebrate, Friday is on us! Bon appétit.
What you don't get:
- A freelance job. Success cannot be easily replaced.
- Decoupled project management. You'll learn how to debate design and develop it on time and on budget.
Sounds good? We're so excited to hear from you!
We can't wait to meet you soon!
The DUMBO team.