DUMBO is a design studio based in Cologne, Germany, passionate about building digital products and services that users love. Even though we are a small team, our clients are big brands, global companies and industry leaders. Our work is put into interfaces that are used by millions every single day to get their jobs done. We love what we do and are excited about instilling positive change to the product design industry.
We work on complex challenges - which is why we need you.
We need someone to join our interdisciplinary design team. Our design solutions turn complex problems into effective and efficient interactions that shape how people progress with digital products. To do this, our designers think strategically, conceptually and visually, as well as acting holistically in the interest of usability.
What you'll do:
- Focus 100% on creating great digital products that enrich people's lives and help businesses shape the future.
- Develop and implement digital design solutions in a cross-disciplinary design team. No need to choose UI or UX. On the contrary, you will be involved in the whole design process.
- Use design systems and push them to their limits to create products of the highest quality and brand identity.
- Work with product teams and your peers to learn from designers, develop cutting-edge solutions, challenge habits and actively drive innovation.
- Ensure high graphic standards and consistency throughout the design process, down to the smallest detail.
What you bring:
- Willingness to work in-person at our Cologne office.
- A desire to actively participate in all aspects of digital product design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- A degree in design (no bootcamp, sorry) and an understanding of common methods around UI design and UX design.
- A portfolio demonstrating your design approach and attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of the design and prototyping tools Figma.
- Analytical thinking and solution-oriented approach and the ability to focus on the essentials.
- Passion for good design, determination, and a never-ending pursuit of new skills and personal development.